MSD2651HEW REFRIGERATOR

Posted Wed March 17, 2010 1:31 pm, by Jeff C. written to Maytag Corporation

LETTER TO MAYTAG-VIA-website AND US MAIL--------------

MSD2651HEW REFRIGERATOR

NOVEMBER 30 2009 the Sol/Start RELAY shorted out-THIS COMPONET was one of the MAIN RECALL items that started FIRES---replace at a cost to me of $206.25. Maytag repair man said I was lucky a fire didn't start he also said that there could be other problems requiring a compressor system replacement.THIS unit was within their 5 year sealed system Warrenty.

February 2010--while I was NOT at home the DEFROST BOARD shorted out and so did the NEW RELAY causing the DEFROST to HEAT UP the inside of the FREEZER to the point that there was a PARTIAL COOKING of some of the meat I had. THE KITCHEN was full of smoke and smelled like burning wiring. WHEN I checked the Refrig. THE inside of the freezer--side walls were SO HOT I could NOT hold my hand on them for a long time. I unpluged the unit and called the same repair man who came out and found that the entire system was junk.

AT first ONLY a parts replacement was authorized BUT that was later changed to a PARTS AND LABOR--100% what ever it took to FIX the unit--this came from YOUR PRODUCT SAFTY people in Washington State.
WHEN the repairman came to fix this pile of junk --he spent 10.5 hours in my home---WE had a working unit --ONLY for about a half hour then IT stopped working. His idea is that the HEAT EXCHANGE/CAP TUBE needs to be replaced along with the EVAP unit---THIS CAN NOT BE DONE as MAYTAG NEVER MADE these KEY REPAIR COMPONETS--in other words MAYTAG built--FOR 6months only and SOLD IT for only ONE YEAR--- a REFRIGERATOR knowing that IT WAS DEFECTIVE---THATS right THE SAME componets that are INVOLVED with the OTHER RECALLS were USED in this MODEL TO.

AS has been suggested by YOUR PRODUCT SAFETY DEPARTMENT---"WE will PRO-RATE and REPLACE your REFRIG." this means an ADDITIONAL COST to me----TOTALLY UN-ACCEPTABLE---NO consideration has been taken for the OUT OF POCKET DOLLARS at my end---Cost of prior repair,FOOD LOST --TWICE---AND the fact that IT TOOK almost a month and a half to get to the point that I WILL HAVE TO REPLACE this REFRIGERATOR at my expense.
DOLLARS I have invested as of NOW---$1500.00 WITHOUT BUYING another REFRIGERATOR at a cost of about $1500.00--for a total OUT OF POCKET of over $3000.00. UN-ACCEPTABLE!!!

AS I have informed your "PRODUCT SAFTEY PERSON" I intend to POST all of MY INFORMATION on EVERY BLOG on the internet STARTING with FACEBOOK,MYSPACE,SODAHEAD and MSNBC. I intend to CONTACT the LOCAL news stations--CBS and FOX both have a CONSUMER HOT LINE and WILL ammend MY COMPLAINT to the CONSUMER SAFETY COMMISSION AND supply them with the componets I HAVE.

I may EVEN PLACE this JUNK MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR on MY LAWN with a 4x8 foot sign stating--BUY MAYTAG-WHIRLPOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK--YOU COULD have your HOUSE BURN DOWN and FAMILY HURT--DEFECTIVE AND THE NAME WENT ON.
THE ONLY way MAYTAG can make this GO AWAY is to REPLACE FREE TO ME THIS JUNK.

AND another point I should make---I'm not a stupid person I hold an EPA FREON LIC.as I used to own AUTO REPAIR shops--I am VERY familure with REFERIGATION systems--as YOUR repair man found out---I also am VERY well versed in ELECTRONICS.
-----------------------------------------
Incident REPORT to Comsumer Safety Commission
MSD2651HEW REFRIGERATOR--

Purchased as a group of 6 MAYTAG appliances from Home Depot delivered 13 December 2004. NOVEMBER 30 2009 the Sol/Start RELAY shorted out--replace at a cost to me of $206.25. Maytag repair man said I was lucky a fire didn't start he also said that there could be other problems requiring a compressor system replacement.

WHEN the repairman came to fix this pile of junk ALMOST a MONTH later--he spent 10.5 hours in my home---WE had a working unit --ONLY for about a half hour then IT stopped working.

His idea is that the HEAT EXCHANGE/CAP TUBE needs to be replaced along with the EVAP unit---THIS CAN NOT BE DONE as MAYTAG NEVER MADE these KEY REPAIR COMPONETS--in other words MAYTAG built a REFRIGERATOR knowing that IT WAS DEFECTIVE---THATS right THE SAME componets that are INVOLVED with the OTHER RECALLS were USED in this MODEL TO.

DOLLARS I have invested as of NOW---$1500.00 WITHOUT BUYING another REFRIGERATOR at a cost of about $1500.00+ -----for a total OUT OF POCKET of over $3000.00.
UN-ACCEPTABLE!!!
I intend to CONTACT the LOCAL news stations--CBS and FOX both have a CONSUMER HOT LINE and WILL ammend MY COMPLAINT to the CONSUMER SAFETY COMMISSION AND supply them with the componets I HAVE. AND CONTACT a PRODUCT LAWYER for possabile lawsuits---in adition to joining ANY CLASS ACTION SUITS I can find---CAN MAYTAG-WHIRLPOOL SURVIVE ANY MORE BAD PRESS---WE WILL SEE!!!
I may EVEN PLACE this JUNK MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR on MY LAWN with a 4x8 foot sign stating--BUY MAYTAG-WHIRLPOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK--YOU COULD have your HOUSE BURN DOWN and FAMILY HURT--DEFECTIVE WHEN BUILT-- AND THE NAME WENT ON.

THE ONLY way MAYTAG can make this GO AWAY is to REPLACE FREE TO ME THIS JUNK. MAYTAG went OUT of BUSINESS due to its LAUNDRY PRODUCTS--THESE DEFECTIVE REFRIGERATORS MIGHT just put WHIRLPOOL OUT OF BUSINESS! I'm on Social Security disability and am a DISABLED VETERAN--Vietnam--I can NOT afford this type of LOSS.

Damage Resulting
Due to MAYTAG NOT making the REPAIR PARTS I now must purchase another Refrigerator. EVEN with their PRO-RATE it would cost ME out of pocket $1500--to 1800.00. ADD that to the $200.00 already spent trying to fix their junk ADD to that the LOSS TWICE of appx $600.00 in food products and BEING without a REFRIG for a month and a half--I figure MAYTAG OWES me ABOUT $3500.00.

REPLACE this DEFECTIVE REFRIGERATOR with a compairable unit TOTALLY at their expense.
I feel that this is only fair unless they want to PAY ME for the loss of FOOD, FIRST repair and LACK of use due to their delay in attempting to repair my Refrigerator.

by T S. Posted Wed April 11, 2012 @ 7:04 PM

I too have same fridge and it needs a new compressor I changed the
starter relay capacitor with no results.I think replacing the
compressor is about the same as buying a new fridge.What a piece of
crap !!!Maytag Admiral Suck!!!!