what's the holdup?

Posted Fri March 23, 2012 12:46 pm, by Michael A. written to Quaker Steak & Lube

A couple of years ago, I was exicted to learn that your establishment would soon be opening a location in Manassas, VA. As this is near my home, I was happy I wouldn't have to make the drive to Fredericksburg or Richmond for Lube wings. Then, things got a little confusing.

I found some information online suggesting the Manassas location would be open by October of 2010. This proved inaccurate, as I figured. In January 2011, I tweeted about it and was answered by your company's Twitter account that there were plans in place for May. It is now almost April 2012 and the location is still not open. In fact, the building isn't even there yet!

Last week, I contacted the Prince William County Planning Office to inquire. My email prompted a return call from a gentleman who stated that the company was holding things up, not the County. He explained that a decision would have to be made as to the building size and what else would be on the land. He suggested there was consideration for a display of "muscle" cars and classic cars somewhere on the outside of the building, but that the company had to inform the County of all the details and then get it built. The building permit has been approved, so I am utterly baffled. What's the holdup?

Please decide what this location will have and get the place built and running! There are tens of thousands of people in the greater DC area who have never had your food, and many others who've relocated here from areas near other locations. Quaker Steak & Lube is a hit in the Pittsburgh area, and I know it can be a hit out here too! Prince William County made the right decision approving this building permit, and they'll be more assured of that when this business brings new jobs to their economy and a unique restaurant to the area. LET'S DO THIS!

by PepperElf Posted Sat March 24, 2012 @ 7:42 PM

i mean... i love the name - always made me laugh especially when the
roller derby they sponsored back home had fun with saying "Luuuuuube"
for the in-game announcements.

but... you're wanting them to take a financial risk. might be way
it's taking longer than you want. cos if it turns out to be the wrong
location then they're screwed possibly.

so, might be something to consider when you're telling them to hurry
up

by RedheadwGlasses Posted Sat March 24, 2012 @ 12:48 AM

Sorry, I just don't see the appeal in eating a place that has "lube"
in the title. Is it for cars? Is it a sex shop? I'll pass.

according to the site it's a " family friendly restaurant with a motor-themed atmosphere." by PepperElf Sun March 25, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

Heh by RedheadwGlasses Sun March 25, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

It's actaully pretty cool, especially if you are into cars... by jeishere Mon March 26, 2012 @ 9:29 AM

Well that does sound cool for car fans by RedheadwGlasses Mon March 26, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

from what i've seen the business itself isn't naughty but... the rollerderby girls are =) by PepperElf Tue March 27, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

by Bill R. Posted Fri March 23, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

In a few words...it's probably has a great deal to do the economy.

probably by InsaneShadow Fri March 23, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

The most economical option for now is probably not building. by Steve OH (IO) Fri March 23, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

not too sure by InsaneShadow Fri March 23, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

Keep in mind by Bill R. Fri March 23, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

If they felt there was money to be made right now, I'm sure they'd build. by Steve OH (IO) Fri March 23, 2012 @ 4:39 PM

It could be by Back_n_TX Fri March 23, 2012 @ 5:02 PM