Where is the print edition of Raley's Weekly Ad?

Posted Mon December 17, 2012 12:00 pm, by James M P. written to Raley's

Raley's discontinued their weekly add in the Sacramento Bee well over a year ago. I complained on their website the second week that I had no weekly ad and was told the Bee reaches only 25% of their customers. Since then, they have relied upon a mailer that included the weekly ad and their website. Since the printed ad is larger than the website ad image can be made to be, I'll ignore that one. The printed ad that goes into effect on Wednesday generally arrives anywhere from Thursday to Saturday, 1-4 days after the ad began. This week, it did not even arrive by Saturday. I have complained on the website about this before and have been told they will contact USPS. Obviously, the message to USPS is not getting through and Raley's STILL REFUSES TO PUT THE AD IN THE BEE, WHICH ARRIVES, ON TIME, EVERY WEEK. By the way, this is not an individual letter carrier problem since problems with bulk mail occur throughout the community. In any case, this is a Raley's problem. The Bee delivers the ad each and every week. This is the bottom line.

Put the ad back into the Bee as the other two major supermarket chains in the area do. Their ads are here, on time, every week. If it is fiscally prudent for Safeway and Savemart, it must be for Raley's.

by McJohn Posted Fri December 21, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

I stopped putting a small ads in our local paper when they doubled
their price. Small little 4x4 ad started costing me $150.00 a week.

my bf ran an ad once in the local paper by PepperElf Thu December 27, 2012 @ 1:00 PM
by MrsMootz Posted Fri December 21, 2012 @ 9:01 AM

Excuse me if this has already been covered, by why can't you go online
to get the ad.... and print it?

by RedheadwGlasses Posted Tue December 18, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

It may reach "only 25%", but that's 25% of their customer base they're
ignoring. That's a big number

however it sounds like it wasn't big enough to offset the printing costs by PepperElf Tue December 18, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

That's not how I took it... by jeishere Wed December 19, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

that's not exactly different really by PepperElf Fri December 21, 2012 @ 5:43 PM

I don't think so... by jeishere Wed December 19, 2012 @ 5:09 PM

by At Your Service Posted Mon December 17, 2012 @ 8:36 PM

Every company has it's own marketing mix and they've evidently felt
that including the ad within a local newspaper isn't prudent.

by Bill R. Posted Mon December 17, 2012 @ 2:13 PM