HOME SHARED LETTERS RATINGS MY PLANET COMMUNITIES MISSION SIGN UP!
Shared Letters

Join and browse our exclusive open discussion forums and talk about whatever you like.

Channels
» The Suggestion Box
» Company Responses
» PFB Feedback Line
» Consumer Podcasts
» Mommy Talk & Daddy Dialogue ™
» Shared Letters


Newsletter

Sign up for PlanetFeedback's "Consumer Café" email newsletter!





Hair Dryer catching fire

Posted Sat February 27, 2010 3:56 am, by Shannon W. written to Revlon

Write a Letter to this Company


I was drying my hair a few mornings ago when my Revlon 1875 dryer shot a large flame of fire out the side. My hand was severely burned and I was in extreme pain for the entire day. I immediately contacted the Revlon company via revlon.com; I finally got a response 3 days later. The letter had absolutely no apology for this incident, they just gave me the name of the company who manufactured the product. How exactly does that help? As a loyal Revlon customer I will have a very hard time purchasing any more products from this brand. They may have possibly had the WORST customer service that I have ever experienced. Not to mention I had to take two days off from work to allow my burn and blister to heal, as I am require to constantly lift items and use my hands for work, but it was just much to painful to complete any tasks. I am truly disappointed that this incident occurred and even more disappointed by the fact that such a large corporation such as this one has no compassion for their customers.

1. Give me a sincere apology. 2. Send me a replacement, NON FAULTY hair dryer.


Reply



Log In/Create an account | 3 comments
     Add to your del.icio.us  del.icio.us    Digg this story  Digg this  
PlanetFeedback Comments are subject to strict terms and conditions. We reserve the right to deny site membership privileges to any individuals acting inappropriately.

by R.E.D Posted Mon March 1, 2010 @ 4:39 PM

Me, personally, If a large bolt of FIRE shot out from my hair dryer
and burned my hand as bad as you are claiming... I would have been at
the Doctors getting it checked. Then you have medical backing to show
them "See. Look what your hair dryer did to me!"

I wish you Good luck with getting a response. Sadly, most big
companies don't care all that much.

Reply

by Bill R. Posted Sat February 27, 2010 @ 10:09 AM

Shannon W.,
When this happened did it "trip" the GFI? If it did I would not use it
again.
However, if it did not "trip" the GFI I would examine the unit for the
exhaust port. It is either at the end or on the side. Once you find it
inspect it for debris. Most liley there is lint. The end of the
exhaust port most likely can be unscrewed or simply pops off to get at
the internal air filter, if there is one. An old, used and dry paint
brush can be used to clean out the debris. Another option is to use
compressed air or a vacuum cleaner.
I'm not an electrician but my guess is the debris caused an overload
causing the appliance to overheat and spew flame.
BillR.

Reply


also have you contacted the company that made it? n/t by PepperElf Sat February 27, 2010 @ 3:29 PM




Home | Shared Letters | Ratings | Login | Communities | Categories | RSS | Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | FAQ
Copyright 2014 © All Rights Reserved PlanetFeedback.com | Web by Cicada