Fresh Brush cleaners are NOT septic tank safe!

Posted Fri January 21, 2005, by Melissa A. written to Scrubbing Bubbles

I have a suggestion concerning your product that I think will benefit your company. I know companies in the cleaning products industry are concerned with customer satisfaction, so I am sure you take consumer suggestions seriously. I know you're always making changes to improve your products. Specifically, my suggestion concerns this product: Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush.

Here's my idea: I am writing to let you know that your advertising on your product is incorrect. I have been using Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush for about 6 months. On the package it says they are flushable and septic tank safe (it even has a picture of the pads breaking up like toliet paper). I use them about twice a week. About a week ago I started having problems with my drains and my toliet did not want to flush properly. I live out of city limits so I am on a septic system. I had to have a someone come out and check out our septic tank. Keep in mind its winter in Missouri and the weather has been in then teens and below with a lot of ice storms. He came out finally when the ground was thawed enough for him to dig to pump my tank. My tank was not full but he went ahead and pumped it anyways since he was there. I fulshed my toliet again... still nothing. They had to dig ANOTHER hole going into where the sewage drains out into the septic tank. When they removed that lid guess what was clogging the drain?? Yes your Fresh Brush FLUSHABLE Cleaning pads. My suggestion is this.. DO MORE RESEARCH ON A PRODUCT before stating such claims. This cost me $154! If they had only had to pump the tank it would have been less than $100. So now I have two muddy patches in my yard. I have $154 less in my checkbook and about 4 cleaning pads left that I don't know what to do with since the septic tank guys advised me now to use them unless I want him to come out again soon.

Right now, you could call me a pretty annoyed customer. My latest experience with your company was not pleasant. Overall, when I consider all of my experiences with your company, I'd have to say I'm fairly satisfied with you. Nice job! I use your scubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner all the time. In the future, you probably won't be getting any of my hard-earned money. Also, you're not likely to get a recommendation from me. And I have a lot of friends and family.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope my input is of some benefit to you, and I hope to hear from you soon that you've acted on this suggestion.