Upset From Rescheduled Delivery Date

Posted Sat December 10, 2016 11:39 am, by Glenn E. written to Sears, Roebuck & Co.

I placed an order for a refrigerator on 11/29/16. I had requested to schedule delivery on a weekend since I would not have to use up any vacation time from work in order to accommodate a delivery window throughout the weekday. I had scheduled a delivery for Saturday, 12/10/16. I received an automated message the night before (12/09/16) confirming a delivery window of 12:45pm - 2:45pm for 12/10/16. On the morning of 12/10/16, I received another call from a customer service representative indicating there is a delay and that my scheduled delivery has to be rescheduled due to Sears not having stock of the refrigerator I had ordered. I'm very upset since now I have to take vacation time to accommodate a planned delivery for Wednesday, 12/14/16 and was told Sears should have that refrigerator in stock by then. I cannot accept a delivery for the weekend of 12/17/16 due to planned vacation away from town.

Since I'm forced to take paid vacation time to accommodate a delivery window throughout the weekday, I wish Sears would lower the price (or discount) the final sales price I paid for the refrigerator since it was their mistake in not informing me ahead of time about not being able to deliver the unit as originally planned. Because of this inconvenience, I will have to make up any lost time away from work.

by Shaun R. Posted Sun December 11, 2016 @ 11:31 PM

The associate you were working with should have been able to provide
you such information when you ordered the fridge. I wouldn't ask for
a discount. Just cancel the order and take your business elsewhere.