Cannot talk to Technical support to resolve technical issues.

Posted Sun January 10, 2010 2:51 pm, by Peggy G. written to Straight Talk

We cannot access the mobile web which is the only place you can download ringtones from. The customer service is horrible to say the least. I spent 45 minutes listening to a foreigner say every minute, "One moment while I resolve this issue." I told her after 20 minutes she sounded like a robot and I wanted to know if she really was working on it. After 45 minutes I asked for a supervisor, asked her if they had a technical support person I could talk to that would be able to resolve my issue. She said that this had been sent to technical support and if the problem wasn't resolved with in 24 hours call them back and that's how I would know if the problem was fixed. And this is how they resolve an issue. We have several more family members that was considering changing to this service but the foreign robot customer service has left a real sour taste in my mouth and I'm not sure I want to deal with this every time I have an issue. My current cell phone provider is only $7.00 more a month and I love their customer service and I'm supporting an American based customer service department.

First they need to have an American customer service dept. I bought an American phone company, not foreign.

Next they need to have a true technical support dept, you should not have to have a customer service rep as an inbetween person that is relaying to tech support what the problem is.

They need to have customer support tell you that they will submit the problem to tech support and call you back after 24 hours to see if indeed the problem was resolved, not have you call them because they didn't do their job.

by Kevin H. Posted Tue April 20, 2010 @ 2:39 AM

I had my first experience dealing with Straight Talk customer
service recently and I can't believe they force those reps to place us
on hold while they contact tech support! Then they are told to come
back on the line every minute and thank us for holding while they
"work with another department to solve the issue" and ask us to hold
for 2 more minutes. Every 2 minutes! How ridiculous is that?
That went on for about 45 minutes before I decided to ask what
department he was "working with." He told me it was tech support so I
asked, "what are they doing?" He said, "they are working with another
customer." So I asked, "So... You are not actually WORKING with
another department. You are waiting on hold too?" and he said yes! I
couldn't believe I was waiting on hold for 45 minutes for him because
he was waiting on hold for tech support!
I was very cordial because I didn't want to get hung up on. I just
laughed and continued to wait. Guess what?! I was eventually hung up
on! How bout that?!
What a complete waste of time and resources! If they didn't offer
such a great price and great coverage, I'd be long gone!
Ahhh. The thing's we're willing to put up with to save a buck, huh?

by RowdyRetailer Posted Sun January 10, 2010 @ 3:02 PM

I use the ring tones provided on the phone.

Good Day