Target Redcard & BofA Billing Errors

Posted Thu June 4, 2009 3:49 pm, by Michelle S. written to Target

I set up my Target Redcard to receive Ebills via Bank of America Online Bill Pay and then to automatically pay the balance due by the due date. However, Bank of America later sent me a message saying that they were sorry, Target Redcard was mistakenly listed as an Ebill capable vendor and that their Online Bill Pay system could not receive Redcard statements afterall.

It was during this time that my Redcard payment went past due (February 2009). I had set it up at BofA to be paid, and received confirmation that it would be, only to find out that it had not been, due to their oversight above.

Upon receiving the message from BofA that the account was not in fact capable of receiving and remitting Redcard statements, I immediately paid the entire balance due on the card, as you can see from my payment history.

This late payment is showing on my TransUnion, Experian and Equifax reports as 30 days late. Given the circumstances above, my quick resolution to the problem once I realized the error and my sincere apologies, I am humbly requesting that 30 day late be removed from my credit reports.

Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated and I thank you sincerely in advance.

by A A. Posted Thu October 22, 2009 @ 12:33 PM

I recently canceled my Target Red Card.

I made an online payment approx. $2500 on Oct 9, 09 and the customer
service person told me that it will not reflect on my account Oct 25,
09! The money was taken out of my bank account on the 13th. That
means that I do not have those funds either in my bank or on my visa
card for about 12 days and there was nothing the customer service
person do for me....

The experince was very frustrating. Specially when the calls are
handled someone from India. They tend to speak more then listen to
the customer.

by Nate! Posted Fri June 5, 2009 @ 9:27 AM

This request is reasonable.
Hope they can work it out for you as it sounds like a bank error, not
your error.