Complaint about MSG

Posted Tue July 6, 2004, by Robert H. Lincoln L. written to Texas Roadhouse

I'm writing to bring your attention to a problem I had with the experience at your restaurant. I'm sure you value your customers and want to keep them, so I hope you will take this complaint seriously and come up with a quick resolution. I'm specifically talking about your restaurant located at Longmont, Colorado.

Here's what happened: Last Saturday night, my son-in-law and daughter took me out to the Texas Roadhouse restaurant in Longmont, Colorado to celebrate my 75 th birthday. I had the prime rib with baked potato. After dinner, I wnet home and sat down to watch TV. Right then the world started to spin and I called my wife to get a bucket. She was too late and I lost my dinner on the floor. I fell to the floor, unable to get up or walk. I spent the night there on the floor. The next day, my wife and son-in-law helped me to the car as I stll could not walk, and I was taken to the hospital. I spent that day and the next getting over the problem I was having with my balance.
The person at the hospital called the restaurant to see if they used MSG. He was told that they use MSG on everything. I react to MSG and do not go to Chinese restaurants. There was no sign in the Texas Roadhouse that they use MSG.

I won't be going back.

My overall experiences with your company have been very unpleasant. I will never eat at your restaurant again. I will avoid recommending you to others.

Here's how I'm hoping you will fix the problem: MSG is used as a flavor enhanser to sometimes cover inferior products to fool your brain that the food is better than it really is.

The Teaxs Roadhouse needs to prominantly display that MSG is being used in their restaurants.

I appreciate your taking the time to read this. I hope you can help me with my problem. The sooner, the better.