Horrible 2.5 hour experience !!

Posted Sat July 9, 2011 10:03 pm, by Scott K. written to Texas Roadhouse

On the night of 7/9/2011 we ate at the Texas Roadhouse in Concord, NC. When we arrived with our party of 8 people they said it would be 20-30 minutes. After 30 minutes I asked how much longer, they said not long. They finally seated us after over an hour of waiting. We saw the waiting area turn over 3 or 4 times while we waited for a table. Then we sat down and ordered our food. I ordered my steak medium rare and they brought it medium, they took it back and brought another one rare, yet I still ate it anyways. They forgot my daughters side item and cooked my wife's steak wrong too !! You guys are known for steak, so this is very shocking !! Then time for the bill and the printed our bill out wrongly 2 times. We finally left after being there for more then 2.5 hours, crazy !!

This type of service is uncalled for and our meals and time wasted should be compensated with more then a free appetizer, which we never order anyways, so it's pointless !! This location needs to work very hard on handling large parties if this is any indication of their level of expertise with them !!

by PepperElf Posted Sat July 9, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

that may happen if the other parties are smaller. when you have a
party of 8 it may take time for the larger tables to open up.

for larger groups i would suggest calling ahead for reservations
instead surprising them - on a friday night nonetheless - with a
request for a table of 8.

The other way around it would be to split the party into two groups of
4, which may let you grab smaller tables faster, although you won't be
able to sit together... and if it's crowded enough your tables may not
even be near each other either.

which of course may not be what you want at all... so yes, calling
ahead to prearrange tables would still probably have aided greatly

Ugh by petgiraffe Mon July 11, 2011 @ 2:01 PM