Terrible computer

Posted Thu August 30, 2012 1:50 pm, by Celeste B. written to Toshiba America Consumer Products Inc.

I recently purchased a Toshiba Ultrabook. After about 3 weeks the screen developed a black spot. There had been NO physical damage or stress of ANY kind. It started while sitting in class. I took it to a repair center who said I would have to send it back to Toshiba. After about an hour on the phone with Toshiba, I finally was assured that if there was no physical crack in the screen that I could feel, that it would be covered under the standard warranty. After sending the computer back, I got an email saying that the LCD was damaged and would cost 325 to repair. The computer was only 800. I found multiple reviews online that this was a problem with the machine. I am furious that they would sell a product that is that fragile when it is made to be portable.

I feel that the screen should be replaced at no charge. If that cannot be done I would like my money to be returned so I can use it to purchase a more substantial product from a company with better customer service.

by spunkyboy08 Posted Thu August 30, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

Is your computer still under warranty?