No diaper chaning table at Toys R Us!

Posted Mon September 10, 2001, by Jeff P. written to Toys R Us

Help! I have a complaint that I want to bring to your attention, and I hope you can deal with this issue quickly. I'm sure you will go out of your way to keep your customers happy. This incident has perturbed me.

I'm talking about your store located at 130 E. El Camino Real in Sunnyvale, CA. Here's the situation: My wife and I visited this store on Saturday, September 8th, 2001. During our visit, we needed to change our 15 month-old daughter. To our dismay, we discovered there were no changing tables available in either the men's or the women's restroom! We contacted the person at the customer service desk. His reason was that the studs in the wall were too far apart to have the table installed. This is not a valid reason in my mind. As a result, my wife and I left the store to change our daughter. We did not purchase all of the items we had planned, as our daughter was our first concern.

Here's what I expect you to do: Toys 'R' Us should be embarrassed for not providing such an inexpensive solution as a diaper changing table in both the men's and women's restroom. Just about everywhere else we visit have these as "standard" equipment.

Based on all of my experiences with your company, I am a bit dissatisfied. As far as shopping with you in the future is concerned, I'll probably still do it, but I hope you fix this problem. I'm uncertain if I will recommend you to my friends and family.

As I said, I'm sure you value your customers and will want to address this complaint quickly. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.