Straight Talk Wireless

Posted Tue February 2, 2010 11:53 pm, by William P. written to Tracfone Wireless, Inc

I have a straight talk phone that works fine until one day it cannot make calls or receive calls. I called their customer service and they told me that they cannot tell what the problem is. They already called their network specialist about it. I have to wait 72 hours before they can fix it; they then gave me a trouble ticket number. Iíve waited for 72 hours and called again. Still, they cannot find out what the really is the problem. Iíve been placed on hold numerous times. I was promised again with another 72 hours. Ok. I will wait. I love the service and I understand the systemís imperfections. After 72 hours I tested the phone, it still did not work. My plan is unlimited and im down to 5 days before my service will end. Iíve waited and waited until my service already ended. When I called back they told me that I have to pay another 45 dollars so that they can fix my phone. They told me that they cannot fix the phone if it has no service or if it is inactive on their system. Im so annoyed because it took them 20 days and they did not provide me with a resolution for my problem. I purchased a 45 dollar card and have them added. They promised to give me 30 days compensation once the problem is solved. After adding the new card, the phone still did not work. They contacted their network specialist again and they gave me another 72 hours. After 72 hours it is finally fixed. Thank god! Another problem comes in.. my browser stopped working!! I called them again and waited 48 hours. NOW EVERYTHING IS WORKING. I called customer service and asked for the 30 days extension. They told me that they do not compensate. They do not have access to it and the only way for me to get compensation is to call corporate headquarter. The representative assured me about that since he understands my situation. I called 1800 and they did not gave me the promised 30 days of service. I begged like a child asking for it. I almost cried when they told me that thereís nothing they can do about it. I requested for a supervisor and the supervisor also said that straight talk really does not compensate. she told me that there are no records found on my account stating the promised 30 days and even if there is, they still cannot grant my compensation. my 20 days were gone and they will not replace the 45 dollar!!!

Do not give us a 1-800 number giving us false hope about our compensation. If you cannot give us compensation, just tell it straight and maybe we will understand. I love straight talk but I donít think I will continue using it after all the inconvenience. I concluded that the corporate headquarter does not exist in reality. All of these were just a role play. I can sense that because I hear the same background noise and the same hard accent from your representatives. I believe that the person who answers call offshore is the same person who answers calls for the corporate headquarter. You trained your agents to lie so that when we will call them, they just can easily say NO!!. This is really not a good business practice. I already sent a complaint to BBB and hopefully this kind of game should be stopped. HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY MONEY! I pay for something that I did not enjoy and all you can say is we do not compensate??!! What kind of business is that?? I need a comprehensive explanation from the president please call me at 745-6944 ext 103 ASAP!!!! nancycurtis0709@aol.com

by SShort Posted Mon January 23, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

I just experienced the exact same problem that you had. I called
StraightTalk's customer service, and spoke with someone that had a
very thick accent, who after several unsuccessful troubleshooting
steps, tells me that I cannot send or receive calls or text messages
because I am outside of my authorized registered ZIP code. I know this
is not the cause of my problem, because I was able to send and receive
both calls and text messages from various other ZIP codes up until
today. And the idea of a mobile phone not being able to work outside
of a single ZIP code negates the whole purpose of having one.

I'm apprehensive to further work with their customer service having
read so many of these similarly horrible reviews. I know one thing's
for sure, I'm not paying a single penny more to resolve a technical
issue. I'm very thankful to you for posting your review so I can be
aware that service charges might come up in future requests for
technical support!

Instead of calling their customer service, I have emailed them with a
description of my issue, as well as an explanation of what the last
customer service representative told me, and how I view their response
to be false. I hope that they don't try to give me further run-around,
because I will not tolerate it.

by Eddy T. Posted Sat February 26, 2011 @ 3:11 PM

Straight Talk has nightmarish customer service, that is true, but I
view this as a tradeoff to the fact that you can get 45 dollars a
month for unlimited everything and the signal strength is sooo clear.
Because they use ATT and Verizon towers. So I hope my phone never
breaks!

by tinsoldierrides Posted Fri February 4, 2011 @ 3:04 PM

i agree, i ordered my phone 3 days ago,today it was to be here, i got
three excuses why i wasnt, then in the end ,theey cant stop the
shipment,.fedex btw. and it will be here in 5 more days. because it
has been shipped they said!

by p B. Posted Fri August 6, 2010 @ 2:48 PM

Straight Talk has a Customer Carousel Center - they do not comprehend
the concept of Customer Service. You will talk to people all over the
world, and I believe that every word that comes out of the rep's mouth
is from a script in a notebook that sits in front of them. A phone
call that should take 5 -10 minutes will last 40 minutes or more, and
you will have done nothing after spending your time except wasting
your time. This company will screw up, you will spend HOURS trying to
get them to undo their screwup, and then an apology is supposed to
suffice. They tell you they appreciate your business, but all they
appreciate is that they have your $$$$$$.

by jim s. Posted Mon April 12, 2010 @ 7:52 PM

I can't activate my new Samsung R451C over the internet, says my MEID
is invalid. I call Straighttalk, recording says estimated wait time to
be ten minutes - that was 55 minutes ago. In the mean time I'm surfing
for an alternate #, which there seems to be none. Finding nothing but
bad news and complaints. This service is no service at all. There is
nothing straight about this phone company. "They suck" is a severe
understatement.

Samsung R451C - Straight Talk Wireless by Chef Ron Tue December 14, 2010 @ 3:33 PM

disagree by Frank C. Mon February 28, 2011 @ 10:06 PM
by bronze Posted Wed February 24, 2010 @ 5:19 AM

Hey there. I'm also with Straight Talk and I have called their
customer service centre and have always had my questions answered with
great efficiency and accuracy. Yes, it does seem like they're an
offshore call centre, but aren't all call centres offshore..? I love
ST...

limited phone by Aaron C. Wed June 9, 2010 @ 2:52 AM

by Aaron C. Posted Fri February 12, 2010 @ 2:43 PM

Straight talk won't be around much longer, I switched to it when I
moved up here from alltel (I miss them so, at least with them I got
something solved quickly). They are ripping people off, and taking
advantage of consumer lack of knowledge.

"taking advantage of consumer lack of knowledge"?! by Trevvy Tue January 25, 2011 @ 5:30 AM

agreed by Frank C. Mon February 28, 2011 @ 10:09 PM