UPS delivered packages to the wrong house.

Posted Wed January 3, 2007 4:50 am, by Mamacita G. written to United Parcel Service

On December 18, 2006, I took seven parcels to the UPS Store in Bedford, Indiana. I was treated courteously and it didn't take long at all to get my packages paid for and ready to put on a UPS truck. I left, feeling that all was well with my Christmas this year.

One of the packages was bound for Missouri, and it was delivered in two days, just as promised.

The other six packages were bound for Colorado. When the snowstorms hit the Denver area, I understood that all deliveries of all kinds would be delayed. I am not angry over the delay. Nobody has control over the weather.

I am angry because I trusted UPS to deliver six packages to Colorado: four to one address, one to another, and one to still another.

The package addressed to Lakewood, Colorado, was delivered on Dec. 28. One package addressed to Manitou Springs, Colorado, was delivered correctly, also on Dec. 28.

One parcel addressed to Firestone, Colorado, was delivered on Dec. 28. So far, so good.

However, three packages that were addressed to Manitou Springs, Colorado, were also delivered to that same Firestone, Colorado address.

My Firestone,CO friend called me to say that these three packages had the Manitou Springs address on the package, but had a UPS label for Firestone.

I would like for UPS to pick up these three packages in Firestone, Colorado, and deliver them to the correct address in Manitou Springs, Colorado.

I paid almost $70.00 to have these boxes delivered before Christmas. As I said, I understand about the snowstorm delay; that is not why I am angry.

I am angry because, after paying all that money, three of my packages were delivered to the wrong addresss.

Please, UPS, pick them up in Firestone and take them to Manitou Springs, as the address says.

This is the first time UPS has ever disappointed me. I hope they fix their error so I can keep on bragging about them.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

JG

I would like for UPS to pick up the three packages in Firestone, Co, and deliver them to the correct address in Manitou Springs, Co.

Since I paid nearly $70.00 to have them delivered before Christmas, (I understand about the snowstorm delay) and three of them went to the wrong house, it would also be nice to have some of the money back. Today's date is January 3, 2007, and that's a long time after Christmas.

by inanna68 Posted Fri January 5, 2007 @ 2:11 PM

Don't call UPS. That will just delay any action that needs to be
taken. Call the UPS Store that you took them to. Explain what
happened and I'm sure they will do everything they can to help get
this resolved. When you combine new employees hired just for the rush
with a three fold increase in shipping volume mistakes can happen.
Give The UPS Store a Chance and They'll make it right.

by Jeffrey Posted Wed January 3, 2007 @ 11:11 AM

This is interesting. You had packages that were clearly addressed to
Manitou Springs, but arrived in Firestone?

What's interesting about this is that your packages somehow managed to
stay together. The odds of YOUR packages staying together and being
delivered to the same address are amazingly small.

In any case, if UPS dropped off the package at the wrong location,
they should be able to do a pick-up at that location (thank goodness
it was someone you knew) and redeliver. I'd also hope they'd give you
some sort of discount, although I'm not sure how much they'll offer
you. A simple call to UPS where you politely and calmly explain
should rectify this quickly, I'd think.

Mamacita, I want to thank you for writing a good letter where you
don't go ballistic over the snow-related delay. Too many people would
yell and scream at UPS that, snow or not, their package should have
been delivered on time. You are calm and reasonable and that's to be
recognized!

by Harleycat Posted Wed January 3, 2007 @ 10:52 AM

Have you tried calling them? That would be your best first step.

wrong address by Mamacita Wed January 3, 2007 @ 1:59 PM