UPS Delivered to Wrong Address!

Posted Tue December 22, 2009 7:54 pm, by Jennifer S. written to United Parcel Service

UPS made a careless mistake which resulted in a package being delivered to the wrong address! I live at *** Sierra Dr and on Friday 12/18, a package addressed to *** Sierra Madre Dr was delivered to my front door at 8pm. By the time I realized the mistake, the UPS truck was gone. This is not the first time I have received mail and packages addressed to *** Sierra Madre Dr. This particular package was from Kohls.com and was addressed to *** Sierra Madre Dr, however there was an additional address label, generated by UPS, addressed to *** Sierra Dr, so this is a blatant mistake by UPS. I realize that this is the busiest time of year for UPS, but a little attention to detail goes a long way. I realize that my address is nearly identical to the address on Sierra Made (same house # but my street name is Sierra NOT Sierra Madre, which, by the way, is in an entirely different neighborhood) however mistakes like this can be prevented if UPS employees pay a little more attention and double check address labels. My first reaction was to take the package to the UPS store the following day and let them deal with the mistake but I assumed they would send the package back to Kohls.com and cause further inconvenience to intended recipient so you will be happy to know that my husband delivered the package to the correct address.

In the future, please ensure that your deliveries are made to the correct address. You inconvenienced 2 separate parties here, however thanks to my husband, your mistake has been fixed.

by Donno Posted Tue December 22, 2009 @ 11:04 PM

I would get used to this. Several decades ago when I was a young
shaver, we always received calls for the pizza parlor. Their number
was 554-4003, and ours was 555-4003.

Sure, it wasn't professionals making the calls, but my point is that
when things are very similar mistakes can happen.

Those addresses are very similar. Your streets are about 1-1/2 miles
from each other. They are probably used to looking at the house
number first, then the street name. Many streets have only one word
in them.

As an example, in your neighborhood there is:Bruce Dr Marion Ave
Talbot St Palma Dr Ambrose Dr Baywood Pl Woodside Dr Roker St, etc
etc. Yes, there are San Vincente Ave San Antonio St and a few others,
but most have just one name.

On the other hand, within 500 feet of each other there are San Felipe
Ct and San Felipe St. So you can see delivery people have their hands
full.

It would be great if UPS can pay careful enough attention so this
doesn't happen in the future, but I wouldn't count on it.

LOL by RowdyRetailer Wed December 23, 2009 @ 10:02 AM

by olie Posted Tue December 22, 2009 @ 10:42 PM

Did you phone UPS to let them know to pick up the package?

I'm kind of divided on this letter. Your husband did a nice thing by
delivering the package to the correct address. I hope the recipient
was appreciative.

But by doing UPS's job, you and your husband did not allow UPS to take
responsibility for their delivery.

Since this has happened more than once, I'd place a call to UPS now to
alert them to your letter. Then, call them if a package is
mis-delivered.