Claim

Posted Thu October 21, 2010 10:53 am, by SYLVIA U. written to USAA Casualty Insurance Co

Re:Policy#004500280C71015 Claims#4500280-7101-1-7259 On september 24, 2010 I,Rene was involved in an accident with your Insured Chris Hoedebeck. Your Insured collided into a cement wall on the freeway. That impact cause left tire to come of the 2008 Nissan/Titan. Tire/rim,ice chest,ect flew onto freeway 35,I was traveling North 35 in the middle lane there were vehicles on both left and right lanes,there was nothing i could do to avoid running over tire. the whole front end was damage and whole bottom of vehicle,fluids and smoke came out of my 2008 Buicl/lucerne. My vehicle is total loss and still in car pound. I'm left without transportation and a car note. i have my wife and 8 month son, I use to take her to work and my son to daycare and then go to work. I'm under a lot of stress and struggling to go and come from work. I was informed by the adjuster,Jackie Hernandez the same day I reported accident that USAA Casualty was not accepting Liability for the damages to my vehicle before there was an investigation! Why? Mr. Hoedebeck, made a report that some one hit him and fled? How do we know for a fact that happen? Maybe Mr.Hoedebeck lost control of his truck and collided with cement wall? The only truth that i know is that your Insured Mr.Hoedebeck,collided with wall causing left front tire/rim to come off the 2008 Nissan/Titan that is insured with your company. I truly believe USAA and Mr.Hoedebeck are resposible for damages to my car. I sincerely pray that you review and reconsider this claim. If futher information is needed Please call at: or email:

Sincerely, Rene

I would like USAA Casualty to accept responsibilty for damages done to my vehicle from a vehicle that is Insured with USAA Casualty. The accident was not my fault.
Please reconsider. What troubles me is, Why? would an Adjuster say USAA Casualty is not accepting Liability for damages to my vehicle with out no other information nor investigation?

by InsuranceAgt Posted Fri October 29, 2010 @ 6:56 PM

USAA has no obligation to do anything for you.

They are obligated to protect their insured.

Paying you before they conclusively determine that their insured is
100% at fault is NOT how they protect their client.

It sounds like they will probably accept liability upon conclusion of
their investigation.

If you don't like this, you have but two choices:
1) File a claim through your own insurer. You will have to pay your
collision deductible, but will get it back when and if your carrier
recovers their money from USAA.
2) Sue the other driver. At that point, USAA becomes obligated to
defend their insured and they would likely due this by paying you.

by Bill R. Posted Thu October 21, 2010 @ 2:40 PM

Rene,

I would stop dealing with their insurance adjuster and contact my
insurance carrier leaving it up to them to fight this battle.

You might also look into how Uninsured Motorist Coverage is handled in
the state of Texas.

Stop back and let us know how this works out.

BillR.