USAA SCREWS YOU on PERSONAL INJURY

Posted Tue December 10, 2002, by Christopher C. written to USAA Casualty Insurance Co

Insurance is supposed to be something dependable, right? Obviously, something's gone wrong. I'm writing with a complaint about the claims process at USAA Casualty Insurance Co and the frustration it's causing me. I'm very angry about this!

It's an auto insurance policy. For the record, I am a USAA member and have been since 1988. I have had a couple of auto insurance claims during the years which were taken care of quickly, efficiently, and farily.
In May of 1998, I was rear ended by a tractor trailer truck while stopped at a traffic light. I was the sole occupant of my car, and received torn ligaments and herniated discs between C5-C6-C7.
After the accident I was out of work for a total of 10+ months. USAA has denied my medical coverage and lost wages. (based on NY State no fault laws)
After researching USAA's tactics on rear end accidents, and bodily injury, I understand that I am not the only USAA member this has happened to.
My claim denial was un warranted and unfair.

If you want my honest opinion, I've been very dissatisfied from the start. Will I recommend your firm to people I know? No way!

Here's what I would like USAA Casualty Insurance Co to do about this: Apologize for purposely denying the claim for no reason, and explain why the claim was deined.

Reinstate all previously denied benefits and medical treatments.

I hope to hear from you in a timely manner so that this problem can be resolved quickly and dependably.