Verizon has stole my money and refuses to do anything about it

Posted Wed August 26, 2009 12:00 pm, by CaraJoy N. written to Verizon Wireless (Cell Phones)

On May 29, 2009 I went to Best Buy to change my prepaid phone to a new two year contract with two lines. I was required a deposit per line, at BB you can not pay the deposit by cash (which was in my purse)
so instead of running back to the bank I went accross the street to Meijer to buy a prepaid master card ($10.) I gave the rep the prepaid card and he started putting my info in the computer Imentioned to him the info on my DL was not current-so I gave him the correct info-not knowing he already proccessed the app and said nothing about charging my card he then corrected the info
and about 15-20 minutes later he said their was not enough money on the card for both of my deposits. I PUT $500.00 ON THE CARD.
I called the number on the back of the card and was told the money had been charged and needed to be cancelled that it would take 7-10 day to return it.
I then had to go back to Meijer pay another $10.00 to put money on a card. By the time I left Best Buy that evening I had invested 4HOURS and spent $500 in deposits, my new phone was not working, and I was unable to add the second line b/c the rep screwed up so bad. I had to go back the next day to finish
the proccess- I was then there for 2 1/2 HOURS and spent another $125.00 for a deposit.

this is a list of the $$ I was charged
3 charges @ $125.00 should have been 2 charges
1 charge @ $250.00 should have never been charged

A few days later I received the refund of $125.00back to the card; as of today August 26, 2009 THREE MONTHS LATER I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE OTHER $250.00 BACK.
I filed a wrongful charge with the credit card; they responded with a denial b/c Verizon did not respond. I filed a second claim-which has been pending for well over a month-when I called last week I was told they were still trying to get in touch with Verizon.
I have also filed a compaint with the BBB, but that too seems hopeless.
I have spent an additional $20.00 faxing papers to verizon trying to have this resolved. Best Buy Corporate told me (after a 10 day investigation) I had to deal with Verizon, because they (BB)were not responsible.
I have spoke with Verizon sooooooo many times they have
proccessed two tops requests-told me I would receive one month free b/c of my problem, and that a check is automatiaslly issued if a line of service is not activated with in thirty days of the paid deposit. Well since then they shut my phone off for non payment(they said I would receive a free month that they never gave me) and they never sent the refund check---even if they had sent the refund check
I would have never received it, because the info originally put in the computer was wrong.

I want my $250.00 back,the free month of service I was promised, another 1-2 free months for the additional money I had to spend, the gas bill I was unable to pay, and all the stress this has caused.

by PepperElf Posted Thu August 27, 2009 @ 11:05 AM

unless it's some means to prove you got the money by legit means

but most transactions i've ever seen at a store ... cash is legal
tender

No Cash Accepted by cjoy Sat August 29, 2009 @ 10:53 AM
by Retail Veteran Posted Wed August 26, 2009 @ 9:00 PM

I would think that Best Buy was responsible since it was their
employee that messed up the original transaction. I personally would
never sign up for cellular service through a third party whether it
was Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or any other store other than a corporate
owned cellular service provider store. I don't understand why they
would not accept cash for the deposits though. Cash is guaranteed
payment where a prepaid card, check, etc. may not be.

Why wasn't the information on your license current? When I moved last,
I called the registry and they sent me a change of address form and a
sticker for my license with the correct address on it. That was
several years ago though so they may not still do it. However, it is
still your responsibility to ensure the address, name, etc. on your
license is correct and current.

In any case, I truly hope you get your refunds. It sounds like a huge
hassle and error on Best Buy's part.

Response Reply by cjoy Sat August 29, 2009 @ 11:01 AM