Walmart friendly staff a big hoax

Posted Sun April 15, 2001, by Leigh M. written to Wal-Mart

I would like to bring your attention a complaint I have about the staff attitude/knowledge at your store, located in Springfield Missouri on Independence Road. I am extremely upset about this, and I hope you are able to resolve this situation.

I am a regular customer and have shopped religously at Walmart for years, every week to be exact. Looking back I spend at least 500 dollars a month there and that is what makes me even madder. Until the last month I never had any problems there. Yet, for all the good people that work there, it is the few rude and ignorant ones that stand out. The Walmart, Supercenter, I am speaking of is in Springfield Missouri on Independence Road. The manager is Rick Risenhoover. In the past three weeks I have had the rudest checkers.
Three weeks ago, I went to the check out lines and started putting the stuff in my cart on the counter. When I was almost done, the checker on duty told me that there was another line with no waiting....it was not what she said but rather the way she said it. Feeling uncomfortable in the line that I was in now, I put everything back into my cart and looked for this mysterious line with no customers, which was no where to be found. I ended up waiting, but thank goodness the next checker I got that day was friendly.
The second incident was a week later, I bought a bunch of groceries as normal and was just about done with my shopping. I had made it through line, breathing a sigh of relief that everyone was ok...and then I realized that the checker was about to forget the twenty dollars that I had put in for cash back. Before she closed the door I reminded her, just trying to help out. The next minute, she was lecturing me and telling me that "for future reference, always let us know before hand that you are getting cash back because we do not always look at the tickets!" That was another slap in the face.
The third and last time that I shopped there, today, may be my last time. I was trying to make small talk with the cashier. Today is Easter and having worked many years as a checker I was trying to cheer her up by commenting that the store was not as busy as I had expected with last minute shopper. She replied with, "people should be home with their families, not shopping."
I am sorry to say, that was the last straw. I spend a lot of money in Walmart and I can understand a bad day, but three in a row and so rude. I decided that enough is enough. There are many stores in this town, and maybe I will find one that will deserve my money. I thank you for your time and hope that someday customer service will return to a more human job.

I believe I am extremely valuable to your company based on my frequent purchases, so I believe my complaint should be taken seriously. I usually spend $500.00 each time I buy. Although I probably shouldn't admit it, I would definitely pay more if you could properly address this problem.

I would definitely think twice before spending money at your store again, and I will urge everyone I know to steer clear as well. I would say that the main reason I shop at your store is because of its low prices and good value. In the past, quite frankly, I've been very dissatisfied with you.

Here's what I'd like to see Wal-Mart do about this: Let me know how they are handling this problem, and why I should shop there? Also, let me know, if you encountered there same conditions three weeks in a row would you still shop there? I am interested to see how you respond to your customers.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.