Sam's Is not a good place to shop

Posted Thu October 13, 2016 12:00 pm, by Barbara Anne S. written to Walmart

I went to Sam's Club yesterday around 5 pm. I was hoping for a good experience but was horribly disappointed. I went to the gas station first and pulled in to fill up. I was immediately approached by a strange man wearing a yellow vest. He was chewing on a coffee straw. He asked me how I was doing twice, I said nothing. Then he told me he thought it was windy. I said nothing. Then he began changing the trash can liner. I said nothing. He wouldn't stop hanging around me until I left.
Next, I went into the store and bought a few things and went to the empty box area to pack them for the car.
The strange man who's been harassing me at the gas station was standing there staring at me. I got the box, put my things in it and he followed me out of the store.
I'm really confused about why I'm being followed and harassed at this Sam's Club. I
called Corporate and they told me to go to the club this morning to speak with the manager Maggie.
I went and Maggie kept me waiting for 20 minutes and said she didn't understand why I was upset by these harassments and offered to refund my membership.
I was amazed that she thinks it's ok for women to be harassed at Sam's Club.
Obviously it's time for me to take her up on it.
I called corporate and told them about all of this and they said they'd help me.

I want Sam's Club to make this club a safe and stress free place to shop. I do not want to be approached by gas station attendants and "chatted UP" or sold to or stalked or anything. I want to be able to fill up and shop in peace! Corporate also promised to upgrade my membership so I could shop early and avoid these creeps.

by CUOnTheFlipSide Posted Tue October 11, 2016 @ 10:16 AM

Walmart associates have a ten foot rule, if they are within ten feet
of a customer, they are to say hello and ask if they can help. This
guy said hello twice and you ignored him, he then went on with his
job. How is this harassment?

This is your second complaint about this store, why go back?

Sam's is not a good place to shop by Barbara Anne S. Thu October 13, 2016 @ 1:50 PM
by tali Posted Tue October 11, 2016 @ 6:38 AM

How is shopping early going to avoid the creeps? Certainly their
schedule changes.

Further, you refer to "creeps" plural. However you discuss only one.
Were there others??

Sam's is not a good place to shop by Barbara Anne S. Thu October 13, 2016 @ 1:53 PM