Outrageous Credit Card Customer Service

Posted Thu December 1, 2011 2:40 am, by Ricardo O. written to Wells Fargo

In November, 2011, my wallet was lost and my Wells Fargo Credit Card number was compromised. I called your bank immediately and reported this along with the police report number. My account number is . This account was secured by a collateral cash account. A new card was sent to me for use. Not even before I could use the card, two fraudulent charges totalling $800 was charged to my card. I immediately called your bank and was told my account had been closed by the risk department because of it going over the limit. I explained that the account had gone over the limit due to a fraud situation. I was told nothing could be done because the two departments did not speak to one another and in fact the risk department did not accept phone calls or emails internally.
I was a Wells Fargo customer for many years prior to this. My mother has been woth your bank since 1983 and my partner has been with your bank since it was Crocker bank, think back to 1978. This situatiuon is outrageous. On a second call, I was told my cash deposit would be returned to me within 5-7 business days. I was satisfied and ended the call. When I did not receive this payment within the time I was told, I called and spoke with the rudest customer service agent possible. She explained it would be 60-90 days before I received my deposit. I was not happy and spoke with her supervisor. He said I was lied to and told misinformation and the previous agent I spoke with did not put any notes on the account.

I have asked all of my family members to close their accounts with your bank and I am currently filing a complaint with the Comptroller Of The Currency. This is an outrage to be lied to and so poorly treated by your bank. How can one department not speak to another department, especially when it comes to fraud? How can any person running a bank not know what their employees are doing?

Refund my cash deposit immediately and issue a formal apology letter to me for the treatment I've received. I fully intend on an investigation being completed by the Comptroller Of The Currency against your bank. I also intend on filing for civil damages.

by RedheadwGlasses Posted Thu December 1, 2011 @ 1:08 PM

I don't see how those transactions -- the withdrawals -- even went
through! THe bank definitely screwed up there.

However, to tell other people to close their accounts? That's going
too far.