an irate victim of Wells Fargo Mortgage

Posted Sun March 23, 2003, by Charles T. written to Wells Fargo

I hope you are able to help me with a problem I've encountered with Wells Fargo. The problem concerns the staff performance at your bank. The bank is located at Wells Fargo Mortgage
Customer Service
MAC 2501-01D
#1 Home Campus
Des Moines, IA 50328
FAX: 515-237-7070..

Wells Fargo has a lien on my property even though I have never done business with Wells Fargo Mortgage. In late January, 2003 I applied to Wilmington Trust for home refinancing. I heard in February that there was a lien on my property held by Wells Fargo Bank. I researched the lien and found that through a series of acquisitions and buying home mortgages they had come to own a company that I previously had business with.

I e-mailed, telephoned and wrote to them on February 10, 2003. I was told they would take care of the matter. I also faxed and mailed property records and included my social security number. After a lot of back and forth with things going nowhere, a friend of mine told me he had a friend who worked for customer services in the bank's Des Moines, IA branch. In early March, I received a telephone call from a Marc Emery who asked the nature of my complaint. He told me it would take 15 to 20 working days to have a lien release go through. I told him that what my bank needs is a letter indicating that you will process the lien release. On March 7, 2003, I received a fax from Mary Sheehan which referenced my old loan number and stated: "In regards to your recent request, this letter is to inform you that the mortgage referenced by the above customer has been paid in full. We received sufficient funds on 01/16/1997. We have sent the original release documents for recording on 02/05/1997. If you have any further questions or comments, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-222-0238. When I called to tell them that is not what my bank needs. I was handed off to a Douglas Escobar who repeated that it would said it would take 20 - 30 working days for a lien release to go through. I told him I did not need to wait for the release to go through. If they begin processing the lien release they can send me a letter indicating that the process had begun. On March 17, 2003 I faxed Mr. Escobar the text of the letter needed by Wilmington Trust. I again heard from Marc Emery on March 20, 2003. This was after sending a frustrated e-mail to my friend and asking him to forward it to Emery. Emery again told me about the length of time it takes to process a lien. He also admitted that Wells Fargo may have incorrectly sent the original papers to my bank in 1997 and not the records office as required by the State of Delaware. (I will check into this matter when I file a formal complaint.) I faxed him the text of the letter needed by Wilmington Trust on March 20, 2003. I am still waiting for a response.

In the future I plan to take my business to other banks, and I'll urge others to avoid banking with you.

Here's the resolution I propose: I would like for Wells Fargo to fax a copy of the letter I need post haste! The letter should be sent to me and to Wilmington Trust. I can be reached at 302-831-3593 days 302-981-7474 cell or via e-mail at nero@udel.edu . I will gladly resend text copy for the letter.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter. I look forward to your prompt reply.