I need my Bank Statements

Posted Mon March 19, 2012 12:00 pm, by Allison C. written to Wells Fargo

In 2009, in a move to Santa Clarita CA, some file boxes fell off a truck and were scattered across a busy Los Angeles Highway. I learned this from our moving company two weeks After we moved.

Since organizing my paperwork, I discovered that All of my bank statements from 3 accounts - personal, business and business savings - accounts I had with you for 3 years were destroyed at that time.

I am in need of 2 years of those statements for tax purposes for filing this year by April 15th. I need them for every single month of 2008 and 2009.

For the past 6 months, I have been attempting to get statements printed by local branches, telephone customer service, online services (which I can no longer access since I am not a current customer with your bank). I call a bank, they tell me to call customer service, I call customer service, they tell me only a local branch can help. etc. etc.

After getting the runaround in person and on the phone numerous times, I am told today that the ONLY way to get statements from past years is to ahem:
MAIL A REQUEST IN WRITING to a generic correspondence PO box in Oregon and send a money order for each $5 "photo copy" charge per statement requested - a total of over $120.00 PER ACCOUNT for the two years of statements that I need. That adds up to $360.00. I will absolutely not be sending you $360.00 in an anonymous Money Order Form.

No, there is no confirmation, nor is there a phone number I can call to follow up and check that my request is being handled...but I guess if the money order is cashed i'll know...oh wait I WON'T know OR be able to track it, because its a MONEY ORDER. I'm supposed to send you money and HOPE I get what I need. No accountability, no proof, etc. etc. Not acceptable. Is this really happening?

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. "Welcome to Wells Fargo, where we serve you with the technological capabilities of the 1930s and the finest apathy and lack of compassion that 2012 has to offer."

After being reminded by your incapable customer service WHY I left Wells Fargo in the first place, I was then reminded about the overcharging of ridiculous fees which annoyed me then AS a customer and somehow still haunts my life now as a non customer seeking my financial records which I am legally entitled to.

I don't want to have to make one more sad, pointless phone call and argue with your poor beaten down telephone customer service people about your stupid policies - it is not their fault your policies suck.

So what do I want? I want what I have always wanted:

My 3 Wells Fargo bank account statements for the entirety of 2008 and 2009 at the incredibly reasonable "per statement" price of $1 per statement, in person from a banker, or sent to me in the mail, with the contact information of an actual person in charge that I can speak with if regarding the progress of said statements.

I beg you, PLEASE call me to arrange an appointment with a local Wells Fargo Banker in Sonora, CA. At that appointment, I will provide you with my account numbers, mailing address and payment.

Thank you for your valuable time.

by Harleycat Posted Wed March 21, 2012 @ 5:51 PM

The truth of the matter is that you want something from them,
something they already provided you with once. If you want them again
you have to follow their procedure and pay their price. Those records
are already archived, even if electronically, so they have to pay
someone to access, print and send them to you. I almost sure they are
archived by a third party data storage firm so that's why you can't
get them at a branch and are subject to such a high cost.

by E C. Posted Tue March 20, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

This is the standard fee for Wells Fargo customers and non customers.
The only way you can get the documentation is if you are being audited
by the IRS and need to provide those statements.

by PepperElf Posted Mon March 19, 2012 @ 11:37 PM

are they able to do this?

i mean for non-customers?