Where's The Beef?

Posted Fri July 11, 2003, by Gerald C. written to Whataburger, Inc.

I'm writing to bring your attention to a problem I had with the food quality at your restaurant. I'm sure you value your customers and want to keep them, so I hope you will take this complaint seriously and come up with a quick resolution. I'm specifically talking about your restaurant located at Midlothian, Texas.

Here's what happened: I was traveling through Midlothian, Texas on June 15th, 2003 and stopped in Whataburger for lunch. I ate a Whataburger and my wife had a Whataburger Jr. On both sandwitches the meat was paper thin and appeared to have been rolled out to fit a larger bun. The burgers had a poor taste. Begining a couple of hours later, my wife and I both suffered from upset stomachs lasting the rest of the day. I regularly eat at Whataburger stores in Beaumont and La Porte Texas and receive better quality food.

My overall experiences with your company have been very unpleasant. I will probably avoid your restaurant in the future. I'll probably avoid recommending you to others.

Here's how I'm hoping you will fix the problem: I would like Whataburger to investigate the quality at the Midlothian location to determine if that francise is substituting lower quality food products.

I appreciate your taking the time to read this. I hope you can help me with my problem. The sooner, the better.