When did AT&T take control of (and completely mess up) Yahoo Mail accounts?

Posted Tue April 9, 2013 1:40 pm, by Robert M. written to Yahoo! Inc.

My family has a few different Yahoo email accounts, some for almost 20 years. We've had very few issues and have been happy wityh Yahoo's reliability.

Recently, though, I tried to change my account's password and was for some reason, booted over to AT&T's customer service.

We used AT&T internet access several years ago, but dropped them due to extremely poor service.
Now, I can't get away from them! Apparantly, to change my Yahoo email password, I need a working AT&T account.

I opened a chat session with them, but the rep disconnected after the ONE SUGGESTION he had was to just log in using my non-existant AT&T account.

They obviously have no idea what to do, and I can't get anyone from Yahoo to respond, even though there are several thousand employees.

I want my famiy's personal Yahoo accounts completely disconnected from AT&T. Why are they still connected 5 years later? One account was created AFTER we switched to Comcast and it still is somehow connected to AT&T.

I would also like SOME SORT of response from Yahoo about this. AT&T is useless and has no idea how to fix this seemingly simple problem.

I'm sure the engineers at Yahoo would be glad to demolish my accounts' AT&T connections, if there were only some way of letting them know there is a problem.

I will gladly supply all of the yahoo account user names when Yahoo is ready to fix this ridiculous situation.

by PepperElf Posted Tue April 9, 2013 @ 3:05 PM

ge%20my%20merged%20yahoo.com%20ID#fbid=bGN5XQi4Lii

A merged yahoo.com ID exists when an att.net email account is combined
with a yahoo.com email address. A merged yahoo.com ID shares the same
password with the att.net email account. To manage your yahoo.com
merged ID password, you need to know your att.net ID before proceeding
with a password reset and/or managing your account in myAT&T.

not sure if that helps. although as for when they started working
together, it looks like it's been since somewhere in 06 or 08 ish.